Please get in touch if you are interested in helping out at the Voting Day – it is great fun!
Short briefing sessions for volunteers at the £eith Chooses Voting Day will be held at 6pm on Tuesday 28 and Thursday 30 in Leith Community Centre cafe (come to one or the other, not both)
Or ask for written briefing paper.
Volunteers should come along on Voting Day between 9:30 and 10 am
PS You can volunteer AND vote!
Saturday 1st February is the Voting Day for £eith Chooses. Please come along and support the community projects that you feel will best help to fight hunger and/or loneliness in Leith.
£eith Chooses is open for applications now for new 1 year community projects that aim:
- to fight loneliness and social isolation in the Leith community.
- to fight hunger and food poverty in Leith.
One or the other. Or both together.
The deadline date is 6th January 2020. (Forms that are emailed in or posted between now and then may not be acknowledged immediately because of the holiday period, but their date will be noted.) You will be contacted asap after 6th January.
Do you have a project idea? Project costs need to be no more than £5,000 (unless you can prove you have the additional funding in place to cover higher costs). But you should just apply for what you need. Application forms here
Key contact is email@example.com
£eith Chooses is accepting applications now for new 1 year community projects that aim to fight loneliness and social isolation in the Leith community. Or to fight hunger and food poverty in Leith.
One or the other. Or both together.
Do you have a project idea? Project costs need to be no more than £5,000 (unless you can prove you have the additional funding in place to cover higher costs). But you should just apply for what you need.
Please get your application as early as you can. The deadline date is 6th January – it’s best not to leave it all until the last minute.
If you want to talk over your idea and check on details to make sure it’s eligible, before submitting your application, do come along to a support session on Wednesday 11th December at MacDonald Road Library (downstairs in Business Hub) between 3 pm and 7pm
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying to the £eith Chooses fund is more of a ‘process’ than one-off act.
- You will be thinking about projects you / your group are keen to put into practice.
- Have a read of the Themes, the Rules and the Guidance , so your project will ‘fit’.
- Think about how much it might all cost and therefore which ‘pot’ of money you think you should apply to.
- Come and talk to us about it! This is a chance for you to ask questions; ‘brainstorm ‘ about how best to frame and present your application; and to get help, if you need it, with developing a Constitution and getting a bank account (not required for Small grants, but necessary for Medium & Large grants). It can be useful to use other people, who are slightly more detached, as a ‘sounding board’ for shaping ideas.
Our Help and Support Sessions are running through December and January (with a wee break for Christmas and New Year holidays). These are very informal. Their aim is simply to encourage groups to apply, and to provide whatever support is needed. They are taking place as follows:
Mondays – Leith Library (Ferry Road) 12-2 pm and 5-7pm
Tuesdays – MacDonald Road Library 12-2 pm and 5-7pm
Wednesdays – Community Centre, Newkirkgate 12-2 pm (Persevere Room) and 5-7pm (cafe)
Thursdays – The Hub, Restalrig Road 12-2 pm only
If you start having a conversation in one of these places with a particular person /team, it makes sense to go back to continue the conversation with the same people, in the same place.
You can apply to one of three funds:
- Small Grants (up to £500)
- Medium grants (£501 – £5,000) constituted groups only
- Large Grants (£5,001 – £10,000) constituted groups only
You don’t have to apply for the maximum amount, just what you estimate your project will need.