Do please come along to discuss your ideas for a project, and to make sure you’ve covered everything, in your application.Support sessions are being held as follows:
Mondays: Leith Library, Ferry Road, 12-2 pm and 5-7 pm
Tuesdays; McDonald Road Library, 12-2 pm and 5-7 pm
Wednesdays; Leith Community Centre, 12-2 pm (Persevere Room) and 5-7 pm (Cafe)
Thursdays: The Hub, Restalrig Road, 12-2 pm only.
These will run throughout December and January (but NOT the weeks beginning 25th and 31 December)
Applying to the £eith Chooses fund is more of a ‘process’ than one-off act.
- You will be thinking about projects you / your group are keen to put into practice.
- Have a read of the Themes, the Rules and the Guidance , so your project will ‘fit’.
- Think about how much it might all cost and therefore which ‘pot’ of money you think you should apply to.
- Come and talk to us about it! This is a chance for you to ask questions; ‘brainstorm ‘ about how best to frame and present your application; and to get help, if you need it, with developing a Constitution and getting a bank account (not required for Small grants, but necessary for Medium & Large grants). It can be useful to use other people, who are slightly more detached, as a ‘sounding board’ for shaping ideas.
Our Help and Support Sessions are running through December and January (with a wee break for Christmas and New Year holidays). These are very informal. Their aim is simply to encourage groups to apply, and to provide whatever support is needed. They are taking place as follows:
Mondays – Leith Library (Ferry Road) 12-2 pm and 5-7pm
Tuesdays – MacDonald Road Library 12-2 pm and 5-7pm
Wednesdays – Community Centre, Newkirkgate 12-2 pm (Persevere Room) and 5-7pm (cafe)
Thursdays – The Hub, Restalrig Road 12-2 pm only
If you start having a conversation in one of these places with a particular person /team, it makes sense to go back to continue the conversation with the same people, in the same place.
You can apply to one of three funds:
- Small Grants (up to £500)
- Medium grants (£501 – £5,000) constituted groups only
- Large Grants (£5,001 – £10,000) constituted groups only
You don’t have to apply for the maximum amount, just what you estimate your project will need.
Look through the page tabs along the top and you’ll find the basic ‘need to know’ information about how to apply for funding to £EITH CHOOSES. We’ll be adding to these pages and filling out further details, as time goes along, so please do keep checking in.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com .and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We’ll also be posting the exact dates, times and venues for Help and Support Sessions through December and January that you can come along to, as often as you wish, for an informal conversation that hopefully will help you to sort out any issues and to get a good application form together.